The instructions below provide a brief overview of the steps necessary to run WipeDrive in a WinPE.
For more detailed instructions, as well as for instructions on how to perform alternative tasks, see Microsoft's documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism---deployment-image-servicing-and-management-technical-reference-for-windows
Note: The path used here the WinPE-Creator tool is stored can be modified, but we recommend placing it in the root of the C: drive.
- Computer running Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 10 (ADK) installed: http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/1/C/01CC78AA-B53B-4884-B7EA-74F2878AA79F/adk/adksetup.exe
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Add-on for Windows 10 installed: http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/7/E/D7E22261-D0B3-4ED6-8151-5E002C7F823D/adkwinpeaddons/adkwinpesetup.exe
- Make sure the ADK and the Add-on above are already installed on your Windows machine.
- Download and extract the WinPE-Creator in the root of your C: Drive.
- If required, download and copy any relevant drivers into the Drivers folder (.cab .inf).
- In the Script folder check, there is a winpeshl.ini file or create one with the following.
Net use Z: \\Server\share /user:username Password
Note: Net use command creates a Windows share that enables WipeDrive to log to it. If you are not logging into a Windows share, remove the net use line.
Place an appropriate copy of wipeDrive in the folder Softwares
Note: If you are using a custom build, make sure to place the wd-options.cfg file into the WipeDrive folder.
Note2: If you want to add other tools you need top copy them to the same Software folder.
Right-click on the WinPE-creator.bat and run it as Administrator.
It will open a CMD window and will ask you to enter the name for the ISO.
Press enter and the process will finish automatically.
When the process closes you can find the new ISO inside the WinPE-ISO folder.
In order to create a bootable USB with the new ISO, follow the instructions here.