To create new recovery media for Windows 8.1, please visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
Please note that you will need the product key to install the software.
- Click on “Create Media”.
- Once the download has completed, run the software either from the download bar at the bottom of the website, or from the folder that contains the downloaded software.
- Please select the language that you would like to use. Try to match the Edition with the Edition that the computer being restored is licensed to. For the Architecture, you will want to match what the computer is compatible with, either 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64).
- Once those options have been selected, please press the “Next” button.
- If you select the “USB flash drive” option, please connect a flash drive with more than 4GB's of memory. Please note that all information on this flash drive will be overwritten by the software.
- If you select “ISO file” this will save a .iso file to your hard drive that you can then burn to a disk. More information on burning .iso files to a disk can be found here.
- Finally, click on “Next” and allow the software to create the media in the specified form.