To use WipeDrive on a Mac, you will need to use the "bootable CD/USB" method. This article will walk you through how to burn a CD/USB on a Mac machine, and how to boot the Mac from the CD/USB. If you purchased a physical copy from us directly, you will not need to burn the ISO to a CD/USB.
How to burn the ISO file to a CD on the MacOS
- Download the WipeDrive ISO file from your e-mail.
- Navigate to the Disk Utility application within MacOS and insert the blank CD you wish to use.
- From the File menu, choose "Open Disk Image" and select the WipeDrive ISO to be burned.
- In the list of volumes, you will now see an item representing the WipeDrive ISO file. Go ahead and select it.
- Click the Burn button and follow the instructions.
Follow the instructions in this article: How to Create a Bootable USB : WipeDrive
You'll need to use a Windows PC for this step, but the USB will work on Mac machines that use Intel processors.
How to boot the Mac machine from the CD
- Power down the Mac.
- As you turn it on, listen for the Mac start-up sound. The moment you hear it, start hitting the letter "c" key repeatedly until it boots up WipeDrive.
Note: Alternatively, the 'Option' key will work to pull up the proper menu. In this menu, select the CD/USB marked 'Windows'.
- WipeDrive Home should now boot up. Follow the instructions in WipeDrive to complete a secure wipe of the hard drive.
How to change the boot order from within the OSX
- From the Apple menu choose System Preferences.
- Click the Startup Disk icon in System Preferences, or choose View > Startup Disk.
- Select your startup disk from the list of available volumes (It should be the CD/USB marked Windows).
- The next time you start up or restart your computer, WipeDrive Home should boot up. Follow the instructions in WipeDrive to complete a secure wipe of the hard drive.